The hospital is situated at 266/C, 80 Feet Road, near C.M.H HOSPITAL, Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
Consultation Fee ₹ 350/-
If you have any one or more of the symptoms mentioned above, talk to your health care provider about getting a blood test to check your blood glucose level.
To know if you have diabetes or Prediabetes (A condition where blood glucose levels are higher than normal but not high enough for a diagnosis of Diabetes), conduct a Glycated haemoglobin (A1C) test. An A1C level of 6.5 percent or higher on two separate tests indicates that you have diabetes. An A1C between 5.7 and 6.4 percent indicates prediabetes. Below 5.7 is considered normal.
Generally, you are at a higher risk of developing diabetes if you are aged 45 or older
- If you are overweight
- There’s a history of diabetes in your family
- You have a high blood pressure
- Low HDL, high level of blood lipids
- Had Diabetes when pregnant or gave birth to an overweight baby (Over 9 pounds)
- Are physically inactive (exercise less than 3 times a week)
The prevention of diabetes requires physical efforts every day, consuming and maintaining a well-balanced and healthy diet that has low-fat content and contains very few calories is a must
Losing weight is also a necessity in certain cases if required
The most important part of managing diabetes is your diet, you should follow a healthy, balanced, and well-nourished diet
If you have diabetes, you should exercise regularly and stay as active as possible.
- You can self-monitor your blood glucose and medication
- Spend 45 minutes walking at least 5-6 days a week
- Take medications as prescribed, don’t skip any dose
- Routine follow up and investigations are mandatory
- Once you develop Diabetes you have to take utmost care of your lifestyle as the simplest of errors in managing
- Diabetes can result to serious complications