Being a mother is a wonderful moment for every woman once they give birth. But there are situations where couples try hard for pregnancy but don’t work due to many reasons. It’s been a hard time for these couples going through infertility and not experiencing the joy of parenthood. But now, so many fertility treatments are available, and one amongst them is IVF (In-vitro Fertilization), it has been the best option for treating fertility and can solve all your worries and struggles of getting a child. IVF has been a light of hope for many couples who want to conceive and start a family.
Reasons to opt for IVF
According to a study, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) has declined to 2.0 from 2.2 in India, a decrease in fertility rate has been increasing among many young couples, and many of these couples choose IVF as an option for conceiving a healthy baby. IVF started in 1978 and has successfully treated many cases over the past 35 years and even now.
Here are some reasons why couples can opt for IVF;
- Ovulation Disorders: Low ovarian reserve, PCOS ( Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), and ovarian failure are a few reasons for ovarian disorders, and with these issues, you can still conceive a baby with the help of IVF treatment.
- Blocked Fallopian Tubes: Blocked Fallopian Tubes can cause sperm to not fertilize with the eggs, but with IVF it is possible. The sperm are directly placed into your uterus for normal fertilization to take place and can help women get pregnant again.
- Related to Age: Age is the major cause of concern, especially for women. As women age, their fertility level decreases till they reach above 40 or once they are close to menopause. In such situations, IVF can help women increase their fertility by giving them medications to increase the number of eggs from the ovaries.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can cause abnormal growth at the lining of the uterus, which can further cause ovarian cysts, with necessary treatments and medications, IVF can help women with endometriosis and help them conceive a baby.
- Genetic Disorder: If one of the couples is going through infertility due to a genetic disorder, it is better to go through an IVF treatment, where your eggs/sperm are screened for any genetic problems, and if they identify embryos that don’t have any problems it is then inserted directly into the uterus.
- Fertility Preservation: IVF Fertility preservation is done when you are getting treated for cancer, your eggs or sperms are harvested and frozen unfertilized for further use.
- Male factor infertility : During the IVF procedure, ICSI treatments are done to treat infertility problems in men by choosing the best sperm which are directly injected into the egg for fertilization.
The IVF Treatment procedure takes about a month or less, depending upon the treatment or the steps taken by each hospital or clinic. Doctors always suggest couples undergoing IVF treatment, always remain calm and stress-free. It is best to maintain yourself with care and have a healthy diet, an active lifestyle, a good intake of fluids, and a good amount of sleep will help improve your IVF treatment.
For more questions regarding IVF procedure, visit The Life Plus Hospital, the best IVF treatment hospital in Indiranagar.